MaCade had his first swim meet today. I was driving him to his warm ups and found out that he didn't have his goggles. I dropped him off and told him to start warming up and I would grab his goggles. I got back to the legacy center and he comes out the door running and hugs me mean while starting to cry. I thought he got yelled at or something but come to find out he was just scared to swim in front of so many people watching. I didn't prep him for that part I guess. (oops) Luckily his coach was watching and came over to talk him into swimming. He did and decided it was kind of fun! He never has loved preforming in front of a crowd! He did great, he swam the 25 freestyle. I didn't get a still shot because I was videoing, but he is in the far lane warming up.
Awesome! I hope I can pass on my love for swimming! That is pretty neat he was able to get over his fears and do it! Way to go!
ReplyDelete